The Voices of the Holocaust

-Silence-

I was once a death camp, having death around each of my walls, each corner was a resting area of the dead. I had been used for the loss of 1.5 million jews and the shame that came along with it. I am disturbed for what I have been used for, the loss of all that life just to make the country seem happy of no jews. I can still feel the death that comes along every snowflake that hits me, all the clothing taken from them. I am still seen as one of the worst places in the entire world.

-Sonderkammandos-

I took this job because I would be able to keep you safe, It may seem messed up that I did this but I had to to what was necessary to keep you safe. Doing this keeps me alive and I do what I must to survive. I am hoping that the desire of life outweighs the guilt I will have will burning the dead. At this time I am told of survival if I do what I am told : I must burn the bodies to live on.

SS-

Today was like any other day, we took Jews and killed them off this planet for good. Today was my turn to look thru the peephole and what I saw was nothing like shooting them. They were suffering in there for at least 15 minutes. I had to look away, it was hard to watch but I couldn’t show the other SS I looked weak, so I watched, horrified. We had just began this and it is hard to bear witness to, guess I do what I must to live.

-Death-

I don’t choose who I take, I only carry out what the SS does to the others. I have been around the Auschwitz camp more than any other single place in the world. I sorrow over the ones who had left for the ¨benefit¨ of the SS. I had never seen so many people leave themselves at once..

-Suitcases-

I bring Clothes, and Pictures to remind me of home. I would miss the pictures of my family the most out of everything. They would of kept me going for the sake of life and having a family of my own. I would miss it the most because it would be the only thing that reminds me of them in that horrible situation.

-Wiesel´s Father-

Son, I have missed you and i’m so proud of you. What you have done makes me so proud, I am so glad to see you. His father said. I have missed you dad, I have done so much since you had left me. Now we can stay together forever. I have missed you dad.